Friday, February 6, 2009

Why Christianity

Many atheists usually bring up why Christianity is so special. They say "why should we accept your religion and discredit the others?" or 'Why pick Christianity over every religion?". I am going to attempt to answer this question. If you read the rest of my blogs you will know why I believe Christianity is so special, but let me just address the question.

For one, it's not a simple matter of "picking" Christianity. I believe that the one true God in existence has piked me, so that I may come to the realization and knowledge that He exists and that I am to worship Him. For two, I do believe Christianity has more to offer. It has more, weight, if you will. I will not go into much detail in this blog, for I do in all my other blogs. But this is a fair question, so let me elaborate more. I just want to focus on a few interesting things that many people pass by.

Every world religion besides Christianity is a works righteous system. Meaning that you have to do this and this in order to get into heaven or receive salvation. Those type of teachings say you must prove yourself that you are worthy to god. In Christianity, you can't do that. The Bible says that all of our goods deeds are as filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6). The Bible also says that all have sinned and have fallen short from God. We are sinners, and no good deeds can pay up. Someone has to take our place, and that person is Jesus Christ. He is the one who paid the dept for us. In Christianity. we don't make our way to heaven by bowing down towards Mecca 5 times a day or do a list of things in order to go to heaven. We simply put our faith in Jesus Christ and that is it. Yes, it is still good to keep the 10 commandments, and do as Christ said. But we are saved by his grace. The Bible does say he will return to judge man by his works, but this does not mean we are judged by works. Jesus is the way, the life and the truth. I would even be willing to argue that Christianity isn't even a religion

History clarifies the Bible. Some might even say that there is evidence that Jesus existed. The Bible can be trusted and it is reliable. I do believe there is evidence to back it up, scientifically, archaeologically, and through records. The Bible can be a testimony to itself! Unlike the Qur'an, or any other religious text, the Bible has a lot of people to clarify it. All these people, who did not know each other or did not have any way of coming together and making all this up, talked about one god.



The Bible has history, science and infallible prophecy in it. Prophecies come true, they have and are happened as we speak. The Bible is amazing, the real question we should be asking is "Why not Christianity". Plus, no other deity besides Jesus Christ has revealed themselves to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment